Thursday, November 10, 2011

Google Groups

I learned that google groups would be a great way to organize information for my students. They would have links to many articles and have all their information in one place. It is very easy to use and very helpful. I think that it would eliminate kids forgetting handouts or misplacing papers. By posting the documents here they will avoid the problem of losing things.

I think if we did a discussion board about a certain article that it would be super easy to see all your classmates ideas and be able to respond to them.  I also feel that it would be a good way to respond to research that kids are finding. If we researched something as a class we could share that information easily.

Limitations might be that kids don't have enough access to internet or computers outside of class.  They would need training on how to use the site. I'd have to be updating it a lot.  I feel that a class website could be easier than a group.

No comments:

Post a Comment