Friday, December 9, 2011

Internet Safety

http://lds.org/library/display/0,4945,538-1-4830-1,00.html

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/kidsonline/view/

http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=138074536cf0c010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____

I really learned that we need to keep in perspective what is real and what isn't real. I really love Elder Bednar's talk. We are robbing the body of experiences if we live our lives virtually or in a second life. It can destroy marriages and family relations.  I think that's what I saw in the video also. Everything is virtual and not as real as it could be.

As a health teacher I'll be able to teach about cyber safety. I hope to get through to them that life is there and real and you can experience that with your body and not just virtually. As a parent we'll have an understanding in our house about how much internet is appropriate and what can be viewed and what can't. It'll be important to build good relationships with my children and teach correct principles so we can avoid things like we saw in the video.

I feel like most of my family and friends are not addicted to the online world. But as they are becoming more educated about the possibilities they need to be aware of the dangers of technology. My mom and I had a great discussion about Things As They Really Are. I hope to be a good example to family and friends in the future and now.


As a teacher I'll need to help students know what to put on line and what not to. This will be an actual lesson in my class and we'll discuss the benefits and dangers of internet use. We'll talk about how to protect themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment